In this post, you will learn how to continue streaming and watching your favorite content after the recent shutdown of the popular Kodi addons.
In the wake of the arrest of a Kodi addon developer, many other developers have closed their shops seemingly pre-emptively. Supremacy Repository was shut down a little over a week ago, while the other popular repositories like Maverick TV, 13Clowns, and Eggman followed suit soon.
Popular Kodi Addons Shutdown
As a result, multiple extensively used and popular addons instantly went offline, leaving the users in a state of confusion. Here is the list of the prominent addons that are no longer available:
– Maverick TV
– Supremacy (including all the Supremacy addons)
– 13 Clowns
– At the Flix
– Monster Munch
Note: The Magic Dragon and Yoda Kodi addons are available through new repositories and we have updated the installation guides. However, since their parent repositories are no longer available, we cannot vouch for their reliability.
So, What do We do Now?
Since these were the most widely used Kodi addons for streaming, finding the right alternatives has become some task. But, don’t worry! We have you covered. We have updated our list of the Best Kodi Addons with several new and working addons. You will find plenty of cool streaming options on this list for Movies, TV Series, Live TV, Sports and more.
Before I start, I would like to remind you that legal actions are being taken against the Kodi addon providers. However, the crackdowns may not remain restricted only to the developers. There is a huge possibility that the users streaming from those third-party sources may also get sued.
To stay on the safe side, I recommend using a VPN all the time while streaming. I personally use ExpressVPN on all my streaming devices including FireStick, Android TV Box, Mobiles & PC. I suggest you do the same.
This month, ExpressVPN is also offering 49% off + an additional 3-months on its annual plan.
Now that your streaming activities are private, here are some of our recommendations:
1. Exodus Redux: This addon offers tons of movies and shows. Last I checked, it was pulling a number of working streams.
How to Install Exodus Redux on Kodi
2. 7 Of 9: With an expansive library of content and diverse streaming categories, 7 Of 9 has become one of our favorites. It is an all-in-one addon with Movies, Series, Sports, Live TV, and many extras
How to Install 7 Of 9 on Kodi
3. Limitless: Another addon with a wide range of streaming categories including your regular movies and shows as well as live TV, sports, anime and plenty more.
How to install Limitless Kodi Addon
4. Movie Theater Butter: This is another viable alternative to the Kodi addons that have been shut down. Movie Theater Butter has an extensive library of on-demand content. It comes in two variants: one-click and multi-streams.
How to Install Movie Theater Butter on Kodi
Why Not Try APKs for Streaming?
The crackdowns in the past and the recent ones indicate that Kodi is not the most reliable streaming choice. While there are still dozens of working addons, you cannot be sure if they would still be available tomorrow (or even the next moment).
Streaming APKs, on the other hand, seem to be rather less vulnerable to these digital raids by the digital police. There are a lot of APKs out there that have stayed put through difficult times. So, why not consider them as a possible alternative (even replacement) to Kodi.
Here are some of the APKs we recommend:
1. Cinema HD APK: Known for its huge content library, user-friendly interface, and high-quality streaming, Cinema APK is an easy choice for those looking to watch movies and TV shows.
How to Install Cinema APK on FireStick
2. CyberFlix TV: With a massive media catalog and ease of use, CyberFlix TV is one of our favorite APKs for on-demand movies and series. It is free and has been around for quite some time.
How to Install CyberFlix TV on FireStick
3. BeeTV: This is another extremely popular APK you would like to try. BeeTV offers a solid media library and a fluid, user-friendly interface.
How to Install BeeTV on FireStick
4. Mobdro: If Live TV is on your mind then probably nothing gets better than Mobdro. With hundreds of channels from around the world and top-grade streaming, Mobdro is your perfect streaming companion.
How to Install Mobdro on FireStick
We strongly recommend using Real Debrid
Real Debrid is a premium hoster that gives you access to dozens of high-quality streaming links that are otherwise unavailable.
The streams fetched by Real Debrid are more reliable. Real Debrid also reduces buffering to a great level.
You can integrate Real Debrid to Kodi addons as well as APKs.
For less than $5 a month, your streaming experience will enhance dramatically.
How to Set Up and Use Real Debrid
While the shut down of various popular Kodi repositories and addons is a setback, thankfully we have still plenty of streaming options at our disposal. Not only are there still many top-notch working addons, but you may also use APKs to watch your favorite content. I hope this article helped you hop back into the streaming wagon.