mIn this tutorial, you will learn to install MediaBox HD on FireStick. The installation instructions provided in this guide work on FireStick, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV and Fire TV Cube.
MediaBox HD has quickly become one of the most widely used apps for Movies and TV Shows. The app showcases a huge line-up of content through a simple and easy to use interface. The content library is constantly updated. The recently released flicks and aired episodes are added to the catalog on a regular basis.
The ability to look up for the high-quality streaming links and fast playback make MediaBox HD one of the preferred entertainment apps. Real-Debrid integration makes the experience even more satisfactory.
MediaBox HD is largely free. However, if you want some specials, you can donate and become a VIP member. Your donation helps the developers keep providing the quality service. But, remember that even if you are not a VIP member, you can still stream all the movies and shows for free.
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with MediaBox HD and do not earn anything from your donations.
How to Install MediaBox HD on FireStick
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Governments and ISPs across the world monitor their users' online activities. If found streaming copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick, you could get into serious trouble. Currently, your IP is visible to everyone. I strongly recommend you to get a good FireStick VPN and hide your identity so that your movie viewing experience doesn’t take a bad turn.
I use ExpressVPN which is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is very easy to install on any device including Amazon Fire TV Stick. Also, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you don't like their service, you can always ask for a refund. ExpressVPN also has a special deal where you can get 3 months free and save 49% on annual plan.
Here are the reasons why you must use a VPN all the time.
Read: How to install and use VPN for Fire TV Stick
FireStick is an Android-based media device. However, it uses a modified firmware and does not let you download the APK files directly through the browser like Android mobiles. Therefore, you need an additional app, which can facilitate sideloading on FireStick.
In this guide, I will use the Downloader app to install MediaBox HD on FireStick. If you don’t have Downloader on your FireStick or Fire TV, I recommend you get it now. It is probably the best app to sideload apps on your device.
The good news is that you don’t need to sideload Downloader. You will find it in the Amazon Store. Follow these steps to install any app from Amazon Store on FireStick:
- Go to FireStick home-screen (if you are not already there)
- Navigate to the top-left corner and select the lens icon (search option)
- Type the app name (Downloader) using the onscreen keyboard
- Click the name of the app in the search results
- Click the app icon on the next window
- Click Download to download and install the app
Installation Prerequisite: Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
Unlike Downloader, MediaBox HD is not available on the Amazon Store. This app needs to be sideloaded onto FireStick. To allow sideloading, one FireStick setting must be changed. Follow these steps:
- From the home-screen of FireStick, select Settings (on the top menu bar)
- Navigate to My Fire TV (or Device) and click it
- Click Developer Options
- If the option Apps from Unknown Sources is disabled/OFF, click it and turn it ON
- When prompted, choose Turn on to keep the option turned on
Installing MediaBox HD APK on FireStick Using Downloader
Use the Downloader app to install MediaBox on HD by following the steps below:
- Launch Downloader app
- Make sure the Home option on the left sidebar is selected
- You must see a URL text field on the right part of Downloader window. Go ahead and click inside it
- Go ahead and enter the following URL using the onscreen keyboard: https://firesticktricks.com/mbhd
Note: You may also simply enter firesticktricks.com/mbhd
- Confirm that the URL is entered correctly and click GO (or press the Play/Pause key on the FireStick remote)
- Wait for the MediaBox APK to download. It will take a few minutes
- Downloader will run the APK file when it has been downloaded. You should now see this window. Scroll down to the bottom right of the screen. You will notice that the Next button is replaced by the Install button
- Click Install to proceed
- Wait for a minute or two for MediaBox HD to install on your FireStick
- You will see the App installed notification when the installation has finished
- If you want to run the MediaBox HD app, go ahead and click Open. But, let’s first click Done and return to Downloader interface to delete the MediaBox HD APK file, which is not needed anymore
- Click Delete
- Click Delete one more time on the next prompt to confirm your intent
Well, that’s it. You have successfully installed MediaBox HD on Amazon FireStick using the Downloader app.
Before you start streaming with MediaBox HD, I would like to warn you that everything you stream online is visible to your ISP and Government. This means, streaming copyrighted content (free movies and TV shows) might get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can hide your online streaming/browsing activities with a VPN. A VPN a.k.a Virtual Private Network helps you bypass ISP throttling, Government Surveillance, and content geo-restrictions.
I am using ExpressVPN on my Fire Stick, mobile, and PC. After trying several paid and free VPNs, I can say ExpressVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN. Here’s how to install VPN on Fire TV Stick.
We do not encourage the violation of the copyright laws. But, what if you end up streaming content from an illegitimate source unintentionally? It is not always easy to tell the difference between a legit and illegal source.
How to Access and Use MediaBox HD on Amazon Fire Stick
To access MediaBox HD (or any other recently installed app), you need to go to the section Your Apps & Channels. This is the section where you will find the list of all your apps.
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote of your FireStick for 5 seconds. A new window will appear. Click Apps
- Now scroll down and select MediaBox HD app icon
- Click the app to open it. If you want to move this app to the home-screen, follow the next steps
- Press the Menu button on the FireStick remote
- Click Move option on the popup menu that shows in the bottom right corner of your screen
- Use the navigation keys to place the app icon in the desired spot in one of the top 3 rows (only these rows appear on the FireStick home-screen)
- Click Okay/Select key on your remote to release the app icon
Alright! Let’s start exploring the app now.
When you run the app, you may see this prompt. Don’t worry about it. Go ahead and click OK
This is what the home-screen of MediaBox HD looks like on FireStick
As you can see, the interface of MediaBox HD is a bit different from the other on-demand apps. There are four tabs on the bottom menu bar:
- TV Shows
The app launches with Discover tab selected by default. This tab has some exciting options. In the top row, you will find the following options:
- Full HD
- Blue-ray 3D
- TV Shows Calendar
- Just Pick a Movie for Me
- Best Horror Series on Netflix
- IMDb Top 250 Movies
- Netflix Best TV Series
Full HD and Blue-ray 3D are reserved for VIP Members. You can also become a VIP Member by donating to the developers. The donation option is available in the menu on the top left. However, at the time of writing this guide, these options are streaming for non-VIP members also. It may change in future though.
TV Shows Calendar lists the air time of episodes for various TV shows for the current date. I also like the Just Pick a Movie for Me, which randomly picks any movie for streaming.
The second row in the Discover tab features the Collection category. You can consider it a collection of Boxsets. It lets you watch all the movies from various popular franchises.
MediaBox HD also supports Trakt and Real Debrid sign in. With Trakt you can sync your watchlist across various devices. Real Debrid integration makes sure you have access to more Full-HD streaming for movies and shows.
MediaBox HD is easily one of the best entertainment apps for FireStick presently. I love its simple, easy to use interface and hassle-free, fluid navigation. The app also has a massive collection of Movies and TV Shows. Give it a try!
How to Jailbreak Amazon FireStick
How to install Titanium TV on Fire Stick
How to install BeeTV on FireStick
How to install Morph TV on FireStick